Wednesday, June 20, 2007

drugs

pretty cool. I sort of think he's being too optimistic about the whole thing (maybe it's my inner depressive speaking) but this is just the kind of direction that mental health treatment should be headed. you know how looking back now it seems absolutely ridiculous that doctors used things like leeches to treat people? I think/hope that 50 years from now, today's mental health treatments will look just as ridiculous. I also think that cancer treatments (especially chemo) will look absolutely barbaric.

you know what would be cool? if you could program mentally ill robots. I bet that would somehow be useful for artificial intelligence research. Of course Douglas Adams was thinking of that many years ago.

okay, enough mind wandering. back to work.

No comments: