Monday, April 7, 2008

the grease fire.

Once upon a time, there was me.
And every day (well, every weekend anyway) I thought, "I should really go visit my friends in Baltimore who just had a baby," but I was too lazy to actually make the trip.
Until one day, I heard from the friends that they were moving to California.
And because of that, their friends hosted a going away brunch for them yesterday in NE DC.
And because of that, I *finally* got to meet the baby. Also, I helped make pancakes.
Until finally, I started a grease fire on the electric stove. Luckily I was not holding the baby at the time.
And ever since then, the baby's parents have wisely decided to take him out of the room whenever I am near dangerous kitchen appliances.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Very nice 7 part story (and only a mild slip up with the grease fire - those things happen all the time. ;-\ )

sasha said...

thanks. :) the most impressive part of the grease fire is that I started it despite the complete absence of open flames. we were using an electric stove, so as far as I can tell, there was no spark, the butter just spontaneously combusted.