Thursday, January 17, 2008

it's snowing


Shamelessly stolen from the Washington Post: a lion at the zoo enjoying today's weather.

I spent far too much time today reloading this page in hopes the federal government would give us a partial snow day. (my company follows the federal government's lead.) Despite the fact that this region really cannot handle winter weather at all, we did not get so much as liberal leave. bah.

My coworkers and I did amuse ourselves by watching a porsche struggle mightily to exit the parking lot this afternoon. he eventually succeeded, but we're pretty sure he'll get in an accident at some point today. yay for schadenfreude? p.s. the words schadenfreude and porsche are fun to say for precisely the same reason. maybe this is a sign I should take German.

Man, you can tell you're really living life to the fullest when the most exciting event of the day is watching a guy spin his wheels in the parking lot at work.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

The other day I had the pleasure of watching this 90 year old man try to parallel park - the funny thing was he kept hitting the car behind him! Haha. He was at it for about a half hour.

sasha said...

that is awesome! except I kind of feel bad, because if it was me trying to parallel park, I'd pretty much do the same thing. :)